30 Sep Want to be happier? Do these Science Backed 11 Things Daily
Everyone is chasing happiness, here’s few science backed tips to become happier.
1. Smile More: Smiling can make us feel better, but it’s more effective when we back it up with positive thoughts
2. Exercise for 7 Minutes: Think exercise is something you don’t have time for? Think again. Check out 7-minute workout from The New York Times.
3. Sleep More: Sleep helps our body recover from the day and repair itself and that it helps us focus and be more productive.
4. Spend More Time with Friends and Family: Relationships help us enjoy life and get us through struggle. Staying in touch with friends and family is one of the top five regrets of the dying.
5. Go Outside More Often: Spending time in nature has proven to increase your happiness.
6. Help Other People: Science says spending money on other people makes us happier than buying stuff for ourselves.
7. Plan a Trip: Simply planning a vacation or break from work can improve our happiness. The anticipation is more exciting than the trip itself.
8. Meditate: It helps improving focus, clarity, and attention span, as well as helping to keep you calm and become happier.
9. Move Closer to Work: Daniel Gilbert put it, “Driving in traffic is a different kind of hell every day.”
10. Practice Gratitude: Thank for what you’ve.
11. Get Older: As we get older, particularly past middle age, we tend to naturally grow happier.